JOB DESCRIPTION AND PROFILE
This position will provide drilling and well engineering support functions to support drilling, work-over and completion projects in shallow and deep offshore.
NO OF PERSONNEL REQUIRED: 1
• Minimum of 7 Years of Experience in the oil and gas industry with at least 2 years as Drilling Engineer with relevant experience.
• Experience with Drilling and Workover rigs for all types of well construction activities
• Recent offshore experience (preferably Jack-up and/or deep-water rig) is required
• Experience with international oil companies will be added advantage.
• Experience using leading well engineering software is important
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum engineering (Other Engineering Disciplines may be considered e.g. Chemical, Mechanical, etc.)
• Well control certification
• Offshore survival and HUET (BOSIET) certification
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Perform engineering calculations and software simulation to include but not limited to casing design, hydraulics, BHA, cementing, torque and drag, well control, surge and swab, drilling string, bit selection and nozzle sizing, etc.
• Support operations management of exploratory, appraisal, development and workover wells in offshore environment
• Support in preparation of detailed drilling and work-over program and procedures
• Review of offset wells data, NPT analysis, bit records, end of well reports
• Support in preparation of End of Well and Project reports,
• Quality check of Daily Drilling Report (DDR)
• Monitoring of operations performance and cost (plan versus actual) analyzing NPT (non-productive time), time-depth curve, project AFE variance analysis and KPIs.
• Follow up operations to ensure timely mobilization and demobilization of personnel, equipment and services to optimize cost
• Coordinating with rig site team to ensure timely and adequacy of materials and equipment for operations
• Work in the field as Well Site Drilling Engineer or Night Drilling Supervisor to support critical operations.
• Ensure that Company’s HSE policies are strictly adhered and followed.
• Carry out all duties outlined by superior in support of on-going operations
• Actively participate in the day to day operations to ensure that adequate support is rendered to the office-based, rig-based teams as well as the shore-based logistics team.
• Strong communication both verbal and written skills
• Understanding of all well construction project management starting from well engineering design, planning, preparation to the execution phase.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities with the ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to work with teams.
• Must be innovative and positive in dealing with changes and reacting to project difficulties
• Effectively managing time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
• Sets high standards of performance for self
• Assumes responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of assignments or tasks
• Understanding and application of basics of well engineering and engineering calculations
Strong computer skills (MS Office) and familiarity with relevant industry software
HOW TO APPLY: Send cv in word format to email@example.com using TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER by SEFUNMI 032020 as subject.
Deadline: Wednesday 1st April 2020