The Account Officer provides financial information to the management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Prepare and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analysing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Produces payroll by initiating computer processing; printing checks, verifying finished product.
- Complete external audit by analysing and scheduling general ledger accounts and providing information for auditors.
- Avoid legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Secure financial information by completing database backups
- Reconcile accounts payables and receivables
- Prepare budget forecast
- Prepare and review payroll records
- Prepare monthly reports
- Perform month-end and year-end close process
- Proven work experience as a Financial Accountant or similar role
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and accounting software
- In-depth understanding of business bookkeeping procedures
- Solid knowledge or accounting regulations
- Excellent Math skill with attention to detail
- Time management abilities
- B.Sc in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Additional certification (e.g. ICAN)
Application Closing Date
5th May, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.