A prestigious MFB is looking to engage the services on an Internal Control Officer
• Build a strong compliance environment to ensure zero level of policy, procedures and regulatory infractions.
• Ensure prompt and effective call over of transactions as per the approved threshold.
• Build strong awareness in branch staff on all policy and procedures issues; zero tolerance for open GL Items, un-reviewed transactions and income leakages
• Review of expense and cash advances and ensure conformity with laid-down policies.
• Carrying out security sweep at least once in a month.
• Carrying out spot checks and review of activities in the branches under coverage, cash count and vault administration, funds transfer, ensuring adherence to policies and procedures
• Review of system exception message report.
• Establish and maintain an Internal Process discipline and alignment within the business
• Formulate, direct and co-ordinate the delivery of excellent internal audit services in alignment with the Firms strategy and key objectives
• Conduct and review the accuracy of financial statements, records, promote operational efficiency and ensure adherence to policies and procedures
• Control Adequacy rating from Internal Audit.
• Promptness, Accuracy and Validity of Exception Reporting/Rendition of all Control Activity Reports
• Effectiveness at follow up to ensure that Internal Audit recommendations are implemented
• Quality and Timeliness of losses and loss events reporting in processing areas
Qualification and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
• 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in internal and/or external audit environment
• Banking experience as Internal Control personnel
• Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases.
• Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
• Demonstrated outstanding oral and written communication skills.
• Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
• High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application to firstname.lastname@example.org