ROLE: ACCOUNT OFFICER
1. Ongoing collection of owner’s sinking funds on behalf of client in a prompt manner. Keep accurate customers balances using Sage Accounting Software and carry out monthly reconciliation of account receivables.
2. Respond to all customers enquiries as it relates to billings, receipts and tax related clarifications
3. Process all accounting records and transactions using the software in a timely manner and ensure that financial records are maintained in compliance with all procedures of the company
4. Manage receipts and deposits of cash and bank transactions
5. Ongoing tracking of expenses, cost of sales, revenue and maintaining an online accounting of all purchases, payments receipts
6. Prepare and maintain budgets for expenditures and capital projects based on board feedback
7. Manage all statutory remittances like VAT, Withholding tax, PAYE tax and pensions
8. Liaising with external auditors for annual audit and tax audit
9. Coordinating inspections with Real estate agents and prospective tenants. Onboarding new tenants with a walk through/handbook and legal documentation, liaising with legal team to ensure legal agreements are in place with owners and tenants as required individually scanning all previous property records and ongoing digitization of records on a secure cloud.
10. Maintain mailing lists and other contact details (phone, address, email) of owners and occupants on a shared drive
11. Disburse communication from Board to Owners/Occupants as required
12. Prepare and provide monthly financial updates to Management Committee
13. Prepare and provide Quarterly Financial Updates for Board and Shareholders
14. Other ad-hoc support as may be required by Management Committee/Board.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
§ The candidate must be an accounting graduate (BSc/HND Accounting)§ Minimum of 3yrs post-graduation working experience in a related environment§ ICAN/ACCA membership may be an added advantage
§ Candidate will work in a revenue collection role
§ Candidate must possess customer-relationship skills to manage all clients in a manner that would be beneficial to the company
§ Candidate must be given to details, possess analytic skills and ready to work with minimum supervision
§ The candidate must have excellent communication skills and capable of writing constructive and convincing mails.
§ The candidate must be able to use sage accounting perfectly
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Kindly send in your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the role as the subject of the mail.