Job Title: Audit & Risk Officer
Department: Audit, Compliance and Risk Management
Reporting Line: Head of Internal Audit, Compliance and Risk
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
• Responsibilities: The primary responsibility is to support the Unit Head as regards the full audit
process including risk management and controls over operations’ effectiveness, financial
reliability and compliance with all applicable policies, directives and regulations.
Other responsibilities include:
• Provide reasonable support to determine internal audit scope and develop annual audit plans.
• Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, review of all
transactions to ensure completeness, accuracy, validity and reliability of financial records. Review
of all postings by Finance on Symplus to ensure they are done timely and in line with relevant
accounting principles. All postings must be done within 24hours.
Escalate all delayed postings.
• Ensure the Asset Register is reconciled monthly and updated on the system with a view to agree
physical records with system records. All Company Assets must be properly tagged. Prompt
escalation of all variances and control breaches.
• Ensure there are no control breaches and operational risks as it relates to safeguarding and
protection of Company’s Assets by Operations /Admin. Units.
• Monitoring of all Bank Accounts to ensure there is approval & proper documentation of all
transfers and payments processed by Operations.
• Tracking evidence of Monthly Bank Reconciliation Statements with GL records in line with the
Company Policy to ensure all transactions are captured on the system appropriately.
• Ensure all CP trading deals or trades are booked on TIMS and they must be authorized at front
office and back office same day.
• Daily review of all high risk business units and prompt escalation of all risk issues and breach of
• Prepare and present reports that reflect audit results and document process
• Maintain open communication with Supervisor and all other departments/Business Units.
• Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum.
• identify loopholes & risks before they crystallize and recommend risk
aversion measures and cost savings across the CP group.
• Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
• Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions and ensure close out of all
audit issues before the next month end.
• Engage all Stakeholders to seek continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules,
Industry regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
• Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organization
• Risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating
the risks affecting the business
• Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the
organization such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the
organization’s previous handling of risks;
• Establishing and quantifying the organization’s ‘risk appetite’, i.e. the level of risk they are
prepared to accept. Assist the various Business Units and Supervisor in setting up and enforcing
risk limits to reduce the level of risk exposure of the company (Trading, CPAM, Tradefi, CPPD and
other alternative investment risks). Prompt escalation of limit breaches to top Management.
• Risk reporting in an appropriate way with mitigants and prompt escalation to Supervisor to
enable the Company to address those risks before they crystallize.
• Conducting audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with external auditors
• Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization.
• Any other tasks or projects assigned by Supervisor or any of the Co-Managing Partners.
Supervision: This role reports directly to the Head of Internal Audit, Compliance & Risk Mgt.
Experience: 2-4 years’ experience in an Internal Audit role
Competencies: Technical & Professional proficiency required: Excellent report writing and
interpersonal skills, High Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools (MS-Word, Excel,
PowerPoint etc), Strong organisational skills, Attention to detail, Analytical
Thinking, Problem Solving Skills.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline preferably Accounting, business management
or related field. ICAN(ACA)/ACCA or part-qualification is an added advantage.
Other Requirements: Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Send CV to email@example.com