Job Role: ENTERPRISE ARCHITECT
• Oversee the design and implementation of Enterprise Solutions/Applications and provide Operational Business Information for day-to-day running of the business.
• Provide overall guidance and direction in the execution of the functions and activities of the Enterprise Solutions unit.Job Responsibilities:Tactical
• Provide input in the definition of IT policies, projects, and service levels.
• Provide input in the development of the Enterprise Solution/Application strategy and plan in line with overall IT strategy and the company’s needs and objectives.
• Assist the Director, IT in communicating the division’s strategic direction and objectives to Enterprise Solution unit.
• Coordinate the development of policies, processes and procedures for the design, deployment, and integration of customer’s Enterprise Solutions/Applications.
• Keep abreast of global and local best practices as it relates to the team/ function’s activities.
• Continuously review the unit/ team’s activities, make recommendations for improvement, and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
• Identify required resources, personnel, funding to achieve the unit/ function’s strategy.
• Establish and maintain relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Liaise with user departments to determine the Enterprise Solution/Applications needs of the organization.
• Ensure alignment of identified Enterprise Solutions/Applications with the customer’s business and IT strategy.
• Coordinate detailed preliminary review of new/proposed Enterprise Solution/Application, to determine alignment with customer’s business and IT strategy.
• Oversee the identification and documentation of user requirements for new Enterprise Solutions/Applications.
• Coordinate the documentation of Request for Proposal/Request for Quotation for new enterprise solution based on user requirements.
• Participate in the evaluation and selection of vendors for deployment of Enterprise Solutions/Applications.
• Oversee the solution development life cycle, ensuring compliance with specified standards, procedures, and methodologies.
• Liaise with Program Managers to coordinate the development and implementation of project plans and timelines, to meet Enterprise Solutions/Applications needs.
• Oversee user acceptance testing and go-live of new Enterprise Solutions/Applications in liaison with relevant business teams.
• Oversee post implementation review of deployed Enterprise Solutions/Applications and ensure timely and effective resolution of issues.
• Provide support and expertise in the deployment of off-the-shelf software applications.
• Ensure adequate user training on new Enterprise Solutions/Applications.
• Ensure adequate post-implementation support for deployed solutions in liaison with user support team.
• Coordinate continuous evaluation of system performance in order to ensure continuing relevance of Enterprise Solutions/Applications provided.
• Oversee deployment of patches and upgrades to installed Enterprise Solutions/Applications.
• Manage relationships with third party IT vendors/suppliers.
• Keep self and teams abreast of business process changes and proactively identify and develop solutions to ensure optimization of technology in business processes.
• Implement the function’s work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
• Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions
• Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives
• Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Director, IT.
• B.Sc./M.Sc. in Computer Science or any engineering related course.
• Professional qualifications (ETOM, TOGAF, etc.) are a must, ITIL certification (is an added advantage)
• Seven (7) to twelve (12) years’ work experience with at least three (3) years in a managerial role. (preferred)
• Experience in system architecture is desirable may be advantageous.
• Excellent technical, analytical, and project management skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good leadership and motivational skills.
• Experience in modelling and graphic representations.
Suitable and qualified candidates should forward CV to email@example.com