Our client is an award winning, high impact, financially sustainable and highly scalable social enterprise, part-owned by the farmers that they serve in Nigeria. The organisation was created to specifically attract youth to agriculture and away from the looming instability of extremist groups in Nigeria.
Our client has helped smallholder farmers increase their productivity by 2x the national average and profitability by 2.5x to 3x the national average. This social enterprise had grown to become Nigeria’s single largest maize producing entity. Over the past 8 years of its operations, my client has scaled to serve a cumulative of over 65,000 smallholders across 5 Northern states in Nigeria: Katsina, Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi and Plateau states.
We are currently looking for a HUMAN RESOURCES ASSOCIATE for our client. She/he will manage our client’s onboarding and mentoring programmes.
REPORTS TO – Head, Human Resources
LOCATION – Lekki, Lagos.
• Develop and execute a world-class onboarding program for new hires.
• Develop and manage mentorship programs and monitor mentoring cycle end-to-end.
• Plan and implement succession planning process for high potential employees
• Recommend strategies to motivate employees.
• Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, conducting reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
• Investigate complaints brought forward by employees.
• Coordinate employee development plans and performance management.
• Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
• Manage the organization’s employee database and prepare reports.
• Assist with budget monitoring, payroll and other adhoc HR projects.
• Maintain digital copies of employees’ records.
• Undertake tasks around talent and performance management
• Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas.
• Coordinate training sessions and seminars.
• Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
• Conduct employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives.
• Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise.
• Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace.
• Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies.
• Gather and analyse data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates.
• Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organizing team building activities.
• Assist with all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
• Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practice.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, English, Communications, Education or a related discipline (Master’s degree and /or Project Management Certification is preferred)
• 3+ years of experience in Human Resources Generalist or Specialist role.
• Exposure to Labour Law and employment equity regulations.
• Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures.
• Outstanding knowledge of MS Office and HR Information systems.
• Excellent communication and people skills.
• Aptitude in problem-solving.
• Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach.
• Effective HR administration and people management skills.
• Exposure to payroll practices.
• Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Highly tech-savvy with capability in MS Office and related business and communication tools.
• Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
• Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Professional certification in HR (e.g SHRM-CP, PHRi) is a plus.
• Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
• Extensive experience leading a complex organization and passion for getting into details to identify root cause of issues and create innovative solutions.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Qualified human resource professionals or specialists should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Let the subject of the mail be “Human Resource Associate”