Role: Legal Officer
Location: Lekki, Lagos Nigeria
Duties & Responsibilities
• Draft and review a wide variety of legal agreements.
• Provide advice on corporate legal issues and business matters.
• Provide internal advisory services to the business units and departments within the Company.
• Provide commercial legal support to all departmental projects and job functions.
• Ensure the development of service level agreements for service support and delivery.
• Monitor the maintenance of the registers and other records required to be maintained by the Company in accordance with all applicable laws.
• Provide all such other administrative and other secretarial duties as directed by the General Counsel & Company Secretary..
• Assist in the development of guidelines, policies, procedures.
• Analyze and review legal agreements, legislation, and documents for the Board.
• Review and advice management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
• Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are following all statutory or legal requirements
• Any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Competencies Knowledge/Qualifications:
• LL. B and B.L (minimum of Second Class Lower)
• Member of the Nigerian Bar Association
• 4-5 post call to bar experience
• Good research skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint..
• Proactive, Resourceful, and hands-on with good initiative.
• Strong knowledge of corporate law; commitment and enthusiasm in the delivery of the organization’s objectives.
• Good understanding of general and specific Company and commercial law.
Method of Application Interested and qualified? Kindly Send in your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the role as the subject of the mail.