Job Title: Data Scientist and Database Administrator
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
• Responsible for finding out actionable insights from large volumes of data.
• Investigate the feasibility of a scientific principle or concepts to business problems.
• Use code (Python, Scala, SQL, etc.) to analyze data and build statistical and machine learning models and algorithms.
• Management and support of the SQL Server environment and Windows Server OS. Database administration, performance tuning, patching and upgrades, backups and restores.
• Combine statistics, NLP and machine learning techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems by working closely with business staff to propose and build solutions.
• Adherence to standards, ensuring all documentation is maintained or developed where necessary.
• Manage operational incidents to ensure that service is resumed in the shortest time with minimal disruption to the business.
• Ensure personal and team tasks/projects completed on time to a high standard
• Install and maintain the performance of database servers.
• Develop processes for optimizing database security.
• Set and maintain database standards.
• Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
• B.Sc/HND in Computer Science or other related field.
• 5+ years of work experience in a role involving data extraction, analysis, and communication.
• Experience with causal inference, NLP, or anomaly detection.
• In-depth knowledge on supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms including classification, clustering, and regression.
• Expertise in Python. Skilled in manipulating and processing data using libraries such as Scikit-learn, Pandas, and NumPy.
• Proficiency in data manipulation languages such as: MS SQL, Oracle database, Hadoop, or postgreSQL.
• Experience in processing, filtering, and presenting enormous quantities of data.
• Experience in building complex data visualizations.
• Ability to distill ambiguous customer requirements into a science objective.
• Ability to explain mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
If interested, kindly send your Cv to: email@example.com