Our client, a leading secure investments management company in Nigeria, with over 13,000 institutional and retail clients, spread across several industries, urgently seeks to fill the role of
To ensure the efficient and effective working of the company’s operation, financial reporting and complying with all applicable rules and regulations.
Pay Grade: Vice President
Reporting Line: Managing Director/CEO
· Appraise the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control structure.
· Review the established organizational systems, computer systems and other operations of organization, to ensure compliance with policy, and identify circumstances in which policy procedures or standard needs to be defined, clarified or eliminated.
· Review the structures in place for safeguarding assets.
· Appraise the economy and efficiency with which resources are employed, identify opportunities to improve operating performance, and recommend solutions to problems where appropriate.
· Evaluate any plans or actions taken to correct reported exceptions for the satisfactory disposal of audit findings.
· Monitor compliance with statutory guidelines.
· Identify potential areas of income leakage and recommend action plan to cure them.
· Check that accounting records are valid, complete, and accurate and comply with industry and standard accounting practice.
· Review internal documents, ensuring proper procedures for authorization, approval, completeness, accuracy, validity of transactions.
· Enterprise risk management, risk assessment.
· Contribute in developing the department and the organization as a whole to ensure internal control compliance at all times.
· Bsc/Msc/MBA, Accounting Professional Qualification.
· Minimum of 9 years’ experience in same role, and must be currently working in a financial institution- Asset management preferably or Accounting/Audit Firm.
· Professional qualification (ACA, ACCA)
Qualified candidates should send their cvs to firstname.lastname@example.org, using role as subject of mail.
Deadline: Oct 10 2020