A Lawfirm located in Oju Ore, Ota, Ogun State is seeking the services of an experienced Lawyer looking to set up his legal practice or establish a partnership.
JOB TITLE: Managing Partner
• Represent clients in court or before government agencies (either alone or with junior associates) in respect of matters handled by the firm
• Draft, review pleadings, motions and appellate documents and file them with the court.
• Drawing up contracts and other legal documents.
• Reviewing and ensuring all documentation prepared/emanating from the firm is error proof grammatically
• Attend Settlement meetings and participate in negotiations as the nature of a case may require
• Prepare letters and promptly communicate with Clients on the status of their matters.
• Identify key legal issues quickly and efficiently
• Handle property related transactions etc perfection of title, searches at registry.
• Carryout legal research as may be required
• Ability to lead, delegate, teach and transfer knowledge.
• Carryout all other duties necessary for the growth and development of the firm.
• Manage and oversee paralegals and junior associates.
• Must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower Division L.L.B Degree from a reputable university.
• Possess a minimum of Second Class Lower Division from the Nigerian Law School.
• 8-10 years Expertise in Property Law Litigation in a good law firm .
• Ability to handle complex litigation cases, such as trials at the State and Federal High Courts, Court of Appeal
• Good understanding of rules of practice of various courts and drafting of court processes
• Adept at communicating with people of diverse ethnic and social backgrounds.
• Proven experience in administrative role and managing a team.
• Previous experience in successfully managing and growing Legal service Firms would also be added advantage.
• Must Reside in Sango Ota and environs
• Possess great interpersonal skills.
• Strong command of English Language (Oral and Written).
Compensation and benefits very attractive.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
All qualified and interested applicants should forward a comprehensive resume/CV and cover letter to the email address: email@example.com on or before 29th September, 2020.
Successful applicant should be ready to resume duty immediately.