Position: Port/Ship Agents
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Job type: Full Time
A marine company located in Lekki is looking for experienced, self-motivated Port/Ship Agents to act as liaisons between the company and principals’ reps, ship owners, cargo interests and marine terminal management for efficient operation of vessels when in port.
· Adhere to Company Safety, Human Resources and Information Technology Policies.
· Adhere to internal accounting and administrative procedures when ordering vessel services.
· Boarding of vessels at marine facilities and mid-stream locations.
· Coordinate berthing assignments and order pilots, tugs, and linesmen for vessels.
· Coordinate and order vessel husbandry services within authorized funding limits.
·Provide timely and accurate responses to incoming email requests for assigned ships and general office traffic when required.
· Draft, execute, and dispatch commercial documentation with timeliness and accuracy.
· Be contactable at all times while on call and maintain readiness to respond to vessel requirements and changes of boarding schedules after office hours.
Follow Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and seek guidance when modifications for specific calls or other questions arise.
· Travel to and provide operations support to other ports when required by management.
· Assist in the training and onboarding of new team members as required.
· Coordinate with Nigerian Government Agencies to prepare and submit required documents, verify successful filings of reporting notices, and schedule necessary vessel attendances within required time frames.
·Verify successful filing of cargo import, entry, and export manifests within required time frames
·Maintain professional acumen and a customer service mindset when dealing with our clients, stakeholder and industry relationships.
· Prior customer service experience, required.
· 3 years minimum experience as a Boarding Agent, in-depth knowledge and understanding of Port Agency Work.
· Strong interpersonal skills including excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Self-motivated and able to multi-task in a constantly changing work environment.
· Analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to manage high volumes of electronic communication, both in office and while mobile in the field
· Ability to work evenings, weekends, holidays and adapt to fluid ship port schedules in 24/7/365 port operations.
· Any industry certifications are a plus.
· A university degree is desirable.
· Climbing, ascending, descending ladders, stairs, ramps using feet and legs and/or hands and arms
·Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions (cold, heat, wind, rain).
Interested candidates should forward their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Port/Ship Agent” as subject of the mail.
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted, deadline for this role is September 16th 2020