VACANCY – Senior Tax Officer
Oriental Energy is a privately held oil and gas exploration and production (E & P) company focused on Nigeria. Oriental Energy, founded in 1990, has expanded its portfolio and currently has three assets under development in offshore Nigeria. These include the Ebok Field (OML 67), Okwok Field (OML 67) and OML 115.
Oriental Energy is currently looking for a Senior Tax Officer. He/She will assist and support with the day to day management of the tax matters and reporting functions of Oriental as required under the Nigerian Taxation laws.
LOCATION – Victoria Island, Lagos
REPORTS – Tax Manager
▪ Monitoring and handling tax compliance matters which involves preparing monthly tax calculations as well other corporate tax returns for filing on a timely basis.
▪ Preparation and management of monthly transaction tax returns for all Oriental entities including reviews and reconciliation of all tax accounts.
▪ Implementation of compliance processes for all tax planning decisions taken.
▪ Assisting with any tax audit processes with both Federal and State tax authorities
▪ Managing relationships with tax authorities and consultants to ensure effective and efficient tax compliance.
▪ Other ad hoc tax projects as assigned by the tax manager
▪ Financial Reporting team
▪ C&P team
▪ Technical & Operation team
▪ HR / Admin
▪ Other OER staff
▪ Federal & State Tax Authorities
▪ External Tax advisors
▪ Statutory Auditors
▪ First degree in Accounting, Economics or any other finance/ business-related discipline
▪ Qualified – ACA, ACCA.
▪ Minimum of seven (7) years cognate experience
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
▪ Strategic thinking, planning, and implementing skills.
▪ Keen attention to accuracy and detail.
▪ Excellent communication skills.
▪ Relationship management skills.
▪ Ability to identify and solve problems.
▪ Demonstrate a working knowledge of the Nigerian Tax Laws and their practical application to transactions
▪ Willingness and ability to work with a team.
▪ Basic knowledge of Microsoft office.
▪ A proactive and self-motivated approach to achieving targets and goals.
▪ Remain efficient under pressure.
▪ The character of proven integrity
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates can send their CVs to email@example.com with Senior Tax Officer as the subject.
Deadline for applications is 29th of November 2020.