JOB DESCRIPTION AND PROFILE
This position will provide contracts and procurement function to support well construction and project management (WCPM) activities.
Reports to the Contracts and Procurement Manager
• Minimum of 8 Years of Experience in the oil and gas industry with at least 3 years in contracts and/or procurement function with relevant experience.
• Experience with international oil companies will be added advantage.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher diploma in any of the following discipline: engineering, manufacturing, science, business admin, accounting, supply chain management (contracts, procurement & logistics)
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Plan, organize, manage and execute procurement and contract activities from initial strategy development to award and follow up the post award contract management phases for all contracts in portfolio.
• Achieve established short and long term smooth running of the contracts, mitigate potential claims, and manage variations.
• Source adequate vendors for all procurement needs
• Document (ITTs/Awards /POs/Contracts etc.) preparation, processing approval and administering.
• Laisse with internal customers (User Department) to support commencement of drilling and support ongoing drilling operations.
• Liaise with vendors, client, and other stake holders.
• Support in obtaining timely approvals from Regulatory bodies (as applicable) of the C&P processes, tenders, awards.
• Monitor and follow up on deliverables from vendors and coordinate with vendors and logistic/User department for delivery of materials to intended place.
• Keep record of all awards released, variations issued and close out the contracts / awards at the end of campaign.
• Coordinate and support the finance department where necessary to address the contractual issues to enable timely payments.
• Review vendors invoices (if required) and obtain necessary approvals.
• Interfaces with the project team in order to plan and prioritize purchasing activities to support the business activities
• Act as the focal contact person for all supply chain & finance initiatives
• Ensure POs are created prior to commitment and good receipt is performed within 2 days of goods receipt or service delivery.
• Interface with the Accounts Payables personnel to ensure that the entire procurement to pay (P2P) process is implemented fully and seamlessly.
• Create requisitions and manages the approval process to PO generation and transmittal to vendors.
• Transmits and prioritizes approved purchase orders, with appropriate supporting documents, to Supplier and tracks acknowledgement of order by Supplier
• Prepares and communicates shortage and backlog reports, and provides visibility of other potential interruptions to internal customers
• Reviews, updates and maintains Open Purchase Orders until closed.
• Reports Supplier non-conformances and prepares return documentation to Supplier
• Leads finance and Logistics staff in resolving reception and invoice discrepancies
• Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources form assigned tasks
• Complies with all SpringRock and local procedures applicable to the job function
• May be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described, according to the needs
• Accurate and timely preparation of Purchase Orders and tracking and update of Open Purchase Orders from approval through to closure.
• Immediate reporting of non-conformances with follow up until resolved.
• Assist in the development and issue of tenders, evaluation, finalization of contracts, prepare and issue contracts and procurement orders, termination, suspension and disputes management, certificates for commencement and termination dates.
• Follow up on operational requirements and ensure contractual matters are resolved with minimum delays.
• Strong both verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding of oil and gas industry requirements for contracts, procurement and logistics
• Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities with the ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with tight deadlines;
• Effective decision maker with the ability to apply and follow through on decisions and actions
• Negotiation skills to allow for cost effective procurement
• Strong interpersonal and ability to work with teams.
• Must be innovative and positive in dealing with changes and reacting to project difficulties
• Effectively managing time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
• Sets high standards of performance for self
• Assumes responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of assignments or tasks; selfimposing standards of excellence rather than have standards imposed
• Strong computer skills (MS Office) and familiar with relevant ERP or supply chain management software
HOW TO APPLY: Send cv in word format to email@example.com using CONTRACTS AND PROCUREMENT SUPERVISOR by SEFUNMI 032020 as subject.
Deadline: Wednesday 1st April 2020