We are seeking about 30 suitably qualified and experienced Security Liaison Officers to be placed on board offshore vessels, transiting throughout the GoG(Gulf of Guinea). They must have the following certificates/experience:-
1. In date of 6 months or more passport
2. Full offshore STCW95 in date qualifications and certificates
3. In date NIMASA offshore Medical certificates
4. Maritime Security Officer Qualifications (MSO, CSO, PSO etc)
5. Experience working as security advisors on board commercial vessels working and communicating with international crews.
6. Bridge watch experience.
7. Good command of English language both written and spoken
8. HUET or BOSIET would be advantageous
We are seeking suitable candidates who can conduct security audits on the vessels under BMP5 regulations, such as:-
1. Vessel Hardening
2. Citadel Routines
3. Lock down procedures
4. Door Management systems
5. Alarm procedures and staged responses
Candidates must have up to date PAG knowledge. They will be supplied with direct piracy intelligence reports as they happen within the GoG, and will receive these through official email accounts issued to them from our office. They will also be provided with official mobile phones and laptops for reporting processes and receiving official email instructions.
This will be a staged integration into the vessels over the next 2-3 months with implementation of the first 10 personnel ready to deploy/be deployed by Aug 15. The plan is to have two dedicated persons per vessel in a rotation of 30-40 days each.
Mobilization is likely to be from Lagos but in some cases from Lomé, hence the passport requirement.
CVs of potential candidates will be reviewed with comprehensive checking of qualifications and in date certification for working offshore. We will not consider those without the above certificates as a minimum. We’ll likely issue successful candidates a 12month working contract
They should send Cv’s to firstname.lastname@example.org