Ethan Samuels Consulting On behalf of its client (based in Lagos State), is sourcing for a Treasury Manager; please see Job Description below for full details:
Job Description: Treasury Manager
Objective: To assess, monitor, plan and manage the efficient utilization of cash in a manner consistent with the objectives of the Company.
• Understand, manage, and supervise all aspects of cash flow.
• Forecast daily cash requirements and execute daily financing decisions.
• Monitor company’s service fees and ensure profitability
• Manage all aspects of In-house investment portfolios
• Direct, monitor and trade investment portfolios including Working capital, High-Yield, Escrow, and other portfolios.
• Manage long-term and short-term investment strategies.
• Determine the Company’s goals and risk tolerance.
• Assess risk/return trade offs in guidelines.
• Assess performance benchmarks and recommend changes when warranted.
• Review and recommend changes to the investment policies based on the market conditions.
• Prepare or monitor company’s various cash flow forecasts and perform financial modeling.
• Evaluate, develop and implement cash management systems to optimize efficiencies.
• Understand and manage appropriate accounting procedures and processes.
• Manage relationships with financial service providers.
• Evaluate alternative long-term borrowing strategies and make recommendations in accordance with the capital structure guidelines.
• Manage, direct, and develop Cash Management staff.
• Recommend, implement and maintain process improvements.
• Provide technical and other support for mergers and acquisitions and other projects as needed.
• Support and participate in Company’s Strategic Plan activities
• Determine the Company’s tax position and the applicability of taxable/non-taxable instruments.
*Required Skills, Knowledge & Competencies:*
• Bsc Accounting (additional qualifications will be a plus)
• At least 8 years’ experience as a treasurer in the financial services sector in Nigeria
• Knowledge of investment portfolio strategy, and money market instruments.
• General knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements for investments and other financial instruments.
• Knowledge of treasury software expertise a plus.
If you qualify for this role, please send a short suitability statement and your resume to email@example.com quoting the Job Role as the Subject of the mail.
Kindly note that only qualified candidates will be contacted; deadline for the submission of application is Friday, 11th September, 2020.